If you’re new to Colorado, you might not have experience driving the roads here. Sometimes they’re icy. Sometimes they’re wet. Sometimes you’ll drive on snowpack. While our Department of Transportation does a fantastic job of keeping the roads and streets passable, it’s wise to keep track of the road conditions on which you’ll be traveling.
Bookmark this page and refer back to it often to access the latest traffic conditions.
Transportation news from Denver, Colorado | The Denver Post Colorado breaking news, sports, business, weather, entertainment.
- Lakewood unveils plan to limit new home-building permits to 156 this yearby John Aguilar on January 18, 2020 at 1:22 am
Lakewood's new housing cap law could constrict the number of residential permits available to developers this year to a mere 156 new units across this city of 155,000, if a plan set to go before city leaders next week is adopted.
- CDOT asks travelers to delay MLK weekend trips as snow, wind pound I-70 mountain corridorby Kieran Nicholson on January 18, 2020 at 12:01 am
Wintry conditions on Interstate 70 in the mountains has shut down eastbound lanes of the highway at Vail and the Colorado Department of Transportation is asking people to delay MLK weekend ski trips into the high country.
- With nearly half-full Snowstangs, CDOT says bus service to ski areas has been a success so farby John Meyer, The Know on January 17, 2020 at 6:42 pm
In its first season, Snowstang ridership is above what CDOT expected.
- Lawmaker proposes stronger protections for Colorado bicyclistsby Linnea Lipson on January 17, 2020 at 1:00 pm
A new Colorado bill would definitively say that cyclists have right of way in bike lanes.
- Denver to build 125 miles of bike lanes by 2023by Linnea Lipson on January 16, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Denver will build 125 miles of bike lanes throughout the city by 2023, a release from the Department of Transportation and Infrastructure announced on Thursday.
- The MLK holiday is the second-busiest ski weekend of the year. Here’s how to avoid the traffic.by John Meyer, The Know on January 16, 2020 at 3:46 pm
Fresh snow is forecast in the mountains just in time to freshen the slopes for the four-day Martin Luther King Jr. holiday weekend -- and that means plenty of I-70 traffic. Here's how to avoid it.
- Rockslide mitigation near Idaho Springs will delay traffic on I-70 on Wednesdayby Kirk Mitchell on January 15, 2020 at 5:23 pm
Mountain travelers will be delayed on Interstate 70 on Wednesday as Colorado transportation employees conduct rockfall mitigation just east of Idaho Springs following a series of recent rockslides, state officials said.
- Lyft opens a repair shop just for its drivers in Auroraby Joe Rubino on January 15, 2020 at 1:00 pm
Part driver lounge, part auto garage, the center is designed to be a one-stop-shop providing information, support and maintenance.
- Service reductions at RTD won’t fully address transit agency’s debilitating labor crunchby John Aguilar on January 15, 2020 at 3:43 am
With RTD down a total of approximately 94 bus drivers and 65 light-rail operators, largely because of high turnover, the proposed service cuts would act only as a partial salve to the agency's unsteady headcount.
- Fight over Westminster farmland gets real with first hearingby John Aguilar on January 14, 2020 at 1:00 pm
A mounting fight over what happens to a large parcel of undisturbed farmland in the middle of Westminster is set to break into the open Tuesday, when city officials hold the first public hearing on the proposed 2,350-home Uplands development.
If you’re looking for a house in the Denver area, we can help you find the perfect home.
Check out these homes for sale in Littleton.
Call us to see any of these homes, or houses for sale in Denver or any of the nearby suburbs.