You don't have to be Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz to feel like there's no place like home.
Home is a place to call your own. It's a place to raise your family and share with your friends. It's a place to create memories. A home is a place to feel safe and secure.
Inspect all of your decorations and electrical lighting before using them. While you're enjoying the holidays this year, it's important to pay attention to some of the things that may affect your safety.
- Extension cords should not be placed under the carpet or rugs or bundled together which could cause overheating.
- Limit three standard size sets of lights to a single extension cord.
- Consider using portable or permanent ground fault circuit interrupters with all lighting to avoid possible shocks.
- Turn off holiday lights when you leave the home or got to bed.
- Avoid using candles near trees or wreaths.
- Do not allow natural trees to dry out during the time they're displayed to potential fire hazard.
- Make certain that all trees are on a firm, steady base to avoid tipping over.
- Don't burn wrapping paper in fireplaces.
- Small children are particularly susceptible to accidents and should be protected from potential harm.
Here's hoping your time at home is special during this holiday season. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.